Saturday, April 12, 2008

Bookit

As a kid I remember the "Bookit" days when we would have the chance to earn our Bookit button and free mini pizza from Pizza hut. We had to read a certain number of books to get our reward.
I recall many a time going with my family to Pizza Hut in American fork, Utah and each one of the kids who had earned the Bookit award would have a mini pizza in front of them ready to devour. My parents would always order a Large size pizza for those who didn't get the coveted minis. We thought is was cool to pop a few quarters in the Juke box and listen to our favorite tunes while we ate. What a good tradition and memory I have with my family growing up.

And now the Tradition continues........
Colin read 15 books in the month of march and received his bookit bookmark (much more useful than a button if you ask me) and a free mini pizza. There are few remaining Pizza Hut sit down Restraunts around, and tonight we are going to Pizza Hut with Grandma and Bapa, Mom and Dad, and brother Chase to celebrate Colin's achievement.
Isn't Colin....SO......STINKIN.....Cute?

7 comments:

Tracy said...

STINKIN doesn't even describe your beautiful smart child! I am so proud of him! And I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were Harry Potter books too....you guys are way good parents and are doing a great job with your stinkin awesome kids. Give your son a high five for me, K?

Krysta said...

I LOVE MY COL-COL!!!

I am so impressed that he read 15 books last month! Give him a bog hug for me! (And I am a little jealous that I can't go get a mini-pizza with him, like the good ole' days...)

Petersons said...

He is so cute! My Mitchell is always saying "I am done reading yet? Has it been 30 minutes?!" I wonder if he's even really reading.

Jodi said...

He's so cute he's not just stinkin' cute, he's reekin' cute. ;-) ha ha ha ha ha I can't wait to visit him and play Go-Fish!

arianabanana said...

Cute!!! I totally remember the days of the sit down pizza hut....with the salad bar, and juke box...it was the best. I didnt know they did bookit way back then though. AJ got his too, but i just got his pizza at the drivethru....and I ate it. LOL just kidding.

Becca said...

What a cutie... you guys make cute kids. Way to go, Colin! You are so stinkin great! Ethan misses you. Hope your pizza was super tasty. :)

Michelle said...

I remember those days. That was so long ago. He is getting so big!!! Miss ya.