Sunday, November 30, 2008

This is for Krys

I' ll start by sharing the pictures of my house that my sister Krysta has been waiting about 8 months to see. When we moved into this house it was very 1984. This room was a dingy blue-gray with a border of country houses around the room. The couch and chairs are "hand me downs" that I recovered about 5 years ago. I'm not about to recover them again, and it will be awhile before I will get new furniture, so I decided to paint and decorate the room around my existing furniture.

This room is my living room. It was dingy white with a midnight blue accent wall when I moved in. I thought I'd go a bit more neutral. My parents sold us their old furniture so once again I thought I would decorate around what we had. It has turned out pretty nice so far... I still have some touch up work on the paint, and a chair rail to put up.



I made the curtains for this room, my dining room, and recovered the dining room chairs in the same striped fabric. I will send pictured of my dining room at a later date.

I hope you enjoy these Krysta, this post is dedicated to you. I think the house has come a long way. Though it has even further to go. My next big project is finishing our basement.

2 comments:

Petersons said...

Jenna you are so talented! It looks fabulous!! I wish I could whip out some curtains like you :)
Keep posting I love it!

Michelle said...

I love it. It looks great!! You have such a cute house. When you're done with yours maybe you can help me with mine. :)